Nubah Social Care is strongly committed to protecting the right to privacy of every individual including its clients. employees and business partners. As such it is our policy that the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information shall be conducted in accordance with the under the Data Protection Act 1998.
It is our policy to only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and we will only collect personal information that is necessary for employment purposes, conducting our business in general, or delivery of Nubah Social Care services to our clients.
Nubah Social Care “Privacy Statement” is as follows:
Except in cases of emergency, or as required by Federal and/or State Legislation, it is the policy and practice of Nubah Social Care to ensure that any personal or business-related information obtained by our organisation from employees, clients or business partners is, without exception, to be used solely for interaction between us, our employees, our clients and our business partners. Under no circumstances shall such information be intentionally provided to any third party without the written permission of all parties involved.
Nubah Social Care collects personal information about its clients to assist in the provision of quality care services and about its employees so that we can effectively train, manage and ensure the safety of each employee. Information relating to business partners is collected and maintained solely for being able to legally conduct business in accordance with taxation and other related legislation.
Client Information is collected to allow us to provide quality services to each client. It may range from the everyday personal information (eg addresses and phone numbers) to sensitive or health information including for example (but not limited to) information about:
- racial or ethnic origin, sexual preferences or practices;
- membership of political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- general information about the status of an individual’s health or disability;
- general information about a person’s living arrangements, family and work life, interests and hobbies;
- details of current medications, allergies or food preferences;
- details relating to the type and condition of a residence (including stairs, wheelchair access and home aids etc); or information about;
- a person’s wishes, preferences and desires for care services including healthcare and end of life decisions.
Information privacy rights mean that a client or employee of Nubah Social Care is entitled to:
- Be told about what happens to their health information;
- Have more choice and control over their information;
- Ask to see what health information is kept about them and, if they think it is wrong, they can ask for it to be corrected;
- Be told why and when we may need to share their health information, for example to ensure that they receive quality care.
Personal and sensitive information about a client can in most cases, only be disclosed with their consent. There may be times when a client is not able to make their own decision about how their information is handled or staff may need to disclose sensitive information about a client to a person who has a valid reason for accessing this information, such as a doctor or pharmacist or any other person who is providing treatment or care to the client. Prior to providing any services to a client, Nubah Social Care staff will discuss the management of personal and sensitive including health information with the client or as appropriate with the client’s responsible person, such as a carer, family member or guardian to ensure quality of care and management of personal and sensitive information always.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Nubah Social Care, 58-60 Nelson Street, Ground Floor, London E1 2DE.
Employee Information is collected to allow Nubah Social Care to effectively recruit, train, manage and ensure the safety of each staff member. Information collected about our employees includes but is not limited to:
- Names and address and contact details
- References and results of enquiries that we might make with nominated referees including former employers, work colleagues, professional associations;
- Performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
Personal information may be used by us in connection with an employee work placement; their performance appraisals; our identification of their training needs; and our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which they are involved including insurance claims.
Sensitive information may include but shall not be limited to:
- racial or ethnic origin, sexual preferences or practices;
- political opinion;
- memberships of political associations or religious beliefs, affiliations etc;
- health or disability information;
Sensitive information may be used to enable us to match employee’s interests with the interests of our clients. In most cases this sensitive information is for internal use only and can only be disclosed with the employees’ consent.
Management of Personal Information:
Nubah Social Care will take every appropriate measure to ensure that:
- All information collected about its clients and employees is secure;
- It provides appropriate training for employees about the management of personal and sensitive (including health) information of its clients;
- It does not disclose any information kept about its clients to anyone except those who have a valid reason for accessing this information, and specifically will not disclose any client or employee information to any overseas recipient unless the individual involved has provided express consent to the disclosure of this information;
Nubah Social Care may from time to time use information to market services directly to you. We will not however disclose this information to any third party for the purposes of direct marketing. If we use information about you for the purpose of direct marketing we will provide you with a mechanism to ‘opt-out’ and if you choose to ‘opt-out’ we will not continue to use information about you for direct marketing purposes.
It is the responsibility of Nubah Social Care to ensure that clients and employees are familiar with this policy and to provide a written Privacy Statement to persons and entities involved with the organisation.
It is the responsibility of all employees on a day to day basis, in everything that they do in the workplace, to ensure that their activities comply with this policy.
Failure by any employee to comply with the requirements of this Policy shall result in disciplinary action that may include termination of employment.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
About our websites, applications, IP addresses and ‘cookies’
When you visit our sites our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance. Sometimes we also use third parties to analyse this information.
Sometimes cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We treat this information in the same way as any other personal information you provide. You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or experience the added features offered with the enablement of cookies.
We also collect and manage Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the unique identifier on your computer or device. It’s used for providing internet session management and to detect any misuse or fraudulent activities involving our websites.
Nubah Social Care may use third parties to analyse usage statistics. Such analysis is performed using data collected from our websites. The technology is not intended to collect personally identifiable information, however in limited circumstances some personally identifiable information is collected, for example, an email address incorporated into a URL string. Personally, identifiable information collected in this way is not used by the third party or Nubah Social Care for any purpose.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.