Training and Development, we are working for people – we care for the people who are our service user, and support our own people to develop their careers and gain qualifications. Our ongoing investment in staff training and development is vital to the services we provide. It ensures that the people we support can rely on high quality care, service continuity and the retention of experienced and highly skilled staff.
Our training starts on day one with an accredited and nationally recognised induction course for our Care workers. This covers topics such as health and safety, customer care, diversity issues, personal hygiene, first aid and care standers. Before any of our new care workers can carry out their own care visits, they shadow an experienced member of the team. Their skills are kept up to date with regular refresher training and there’s always a team of people back at the branch who can provide extra support. We also encourage and support our people through nationally recognised social care qualifications. We want our employees to commit to us for the long term, and gaining further qualifications is a big part of that. When it comes to training and development, we’ll support you every step of the way.
Following courses, we are going to start:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Health and Safety for the Workplace
- Firs Aid
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Care certificate standards
- Level 2-3 Customer Service